Bowhunter Education Instructor Course
Become a Bowhunter Education InstructorThe Hunter Education Program's goals are to reduce hunting related incidents and violations; promote safe, responsible and knowledgeable hunting; and enhance hunting traditions and values. We now have more than 2,900 instructors, who include game wardens, volunteers and professional educators. These volunteer instructors certify an average of 30,000 students per year.
Steps to Instructor Certification
- Complete the Hunter Education Student Course if you have not already done so.
- Download and complete these documents.
- Take your completed instructor application to a TPWD Game Warden, who will interview you and submit your paperwork to TPWD. If you need a list of game wardens in your area you may contact your nearest TPWD law enforcement office.
- Review the required Instructor Manual prior to attending the instructor training. After processing your application, interview, and course results, TPWD will mail you a Congratulatory Packet with your instructor card, name tag and instructors patch.
- Attend a New Instructor Course.
Search for classes in your area
Your current location is:Use this location OR