Boater Education Instructor Course - 08/05/2019 - (574671)
This course is no longer available for registration.Back to results
08:00 am - 09:00 am
Instructor: Mary Carrier
Become an Instructor
The Boater Education Program's goals are to reduce boating and water related accidents and violations; promote safe, responsible and knowledgeable boating; and enhance boating traditions, ethics, and values. We now have more than 1,000 active instructors statewide, who include game wardens, volunteers, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, Power Squadron, and professional educators. These volunteer instructors certify an average of 10,000 students per year.
Steps to Instructor Certification
- Complete the Boater Education Student Course if you have not already done so.
- Request an instructor application.
- Take your completed instructor application to a TPWD Game Warden, who will interview you and submit your paperwork to TPWD. If you need a list of game wardens in your area you may contact your nearest TPWD law enforcement office.
- Complete the Boater Education Instructor Training. If no classes are currently available, please contact us at 512-389-4846 Option 4 to speak to a Boater Education Training Specialist and arrange an instructor course in your area.
- Special provisions have now been incorporated for U.S. Power Squadron, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, certified school teachers, and certified law enforcement officers.
- After processing your application, interview, and course results, TPWD will mail you a Congratulatory Packet with your instructor card and instructor's patch.