Bow Hunter Education Internet + Field Course - 08/28/2020 - (831549)
901 Williamson Rd
Kyle, TX 78640
Instructor: Steve Hall
The Online + Field Course is ideal for young bow hunters who already have been shooting archery and/or bow hunting. Adults should still assist them with the online course and accompany them during the field course.
The certification process consists of two parts:
- Online coursework: Complete the pay-for Online Bowhunter Education Course.
- Pre-register for and attend a “Field Course” with a TPWD-certified bowhunter education instructor.
- NOTE: Search and register for a field course prior to taking the online bowhunter education course.
**If you are unable to find a Field Course near you or in the time frame you need, place your information on our Wait List. We will contact instructors in your area and attempt to schedule a course.**
When you arrive at the Field Course site:
- Bring the “Field Day” Certificate (Voucher)
- Pay the $15 fee to the instructor.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude while completing the Field Day
- Take the written exam and score at least 75% correct to pass.
- Upon successful completion of Parts 1 and 2, you will PRINT out your permanent card once the instructor submits an online payment. The instructor will let you know. You may legally bow hunt with a valid Texas hunting license and proof of bow hunter education on certain areas (e.g. Hagerman NWR; Granite Shoals Urban Bow Hunt) or in other states that require such certification in addition to their state’s hunter education requirements.
- Note: A bowhunter education certificate does not take the place of a hunter education certificate or state requirement.
- Bring your own hunting bow and 4-5 practice arrows (min).
- Bow Shooting Competency Test will be 14 shots from 20-30 yards at 7 different targets.
- We will practice social distance rules, so please bring a face mask. We will have sanitizer and disinfectant wipes and maintain distances of 6 ft. from one another.
- Cold water and air conditioned room and restrooms will be available for breaks and indoor instruction.