Bow Hunter Education Internet + Field Course - 08/28/2020 - (831549)
901 Williamson rd
Kyle, TX 78640
Instructor: Steve Hall
The Online + Field Course is ideal for older youth and adult bow hunters who already have been shooting archery and/or bow hunting. For younger students, adults should assist them with the online course and accompany them during the field course.
The certification process consists of two parts:
- Online coursework: Complete the Online Bow Hunter Education Course.
- Pre-register for and attend a “Field Course” with a TPWD-certified bow hunter education instructor.
Part 1- Online Course
This Bow Hunter Education online course is provided by one independent, private vendor for a fee – a fee which is separate from the $15 fee paid to the instructor in Part 2 – the Field Day..
After completing the online homework of Part 1, print out the field day certificate (voucher) and bring it with you to the field course.
Part 2- Field Course
The Field Course includes: a presentation of ethical and responsible bow hunting, participation in a bow hunting skills trail, a bow shooting exercise/test, review of regulations and a final exam (score at least 75% to pass). The Field Course is completed in one day (min. 4 hours). You must pre-register for this course with the bow hunter education instructor to reserve a seat and find out further details, such as location and hours.
When you arrive at the Field Course site:
- Bring the “Field Day” Certificate
- Pay the $15 fee to the instructor.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude while completing the Field Day
- Take the written exam and score at least 75% correct to pass.
- Upon successful completion of Parts 1 and 2, you will PRINT out your permanent card once the instructor submits an online payment. The instructor will let you know. You may legally bow hunt with a valid Texas hunting license and proof of bow hunter education on areas (e.g. Hagerman NWR) that require such certification in addition to the state’s hunter education requirement.
- Note: A bow hunter education certificate does not take the place of a hunter education certificate or state requirement.
- Bring your own hunting bow and 4-5 practice arrows (min).
- Bow Shooting Competency Test will be 14 shots from 20-30 yards at 7 different targets.
- We will practice social distance rules, so please bring a face mask. We will have sanitizer and disinfectant wipes and maintain distances of 6 ft. from one another.
- Cold water and air conditioned room and restrooms will be available for breaks and indoor instruction.