Hunter Education Classroom Course - 01/06/2018 - (243734)
16200 Littig Rd Manor, Texas
Manor, TX 78653
Classroom Class time is 900 AM till 4:30 - 600 PM NOT 9:00 to to 12:00 am Classes at the Austin Rifle Club have additional fees to cover range use, liability coverage, and facilities fees of $20 per student. Add the TP&W course fee and the total is $35 per student. Directions: These classes are taught at the Austin Rifle Club Education Building ARC is located outside Manor, Texas. Traveling east on 290 there is an intersection just pass the Walmart. Turn right only loop 212 ( FM 973 ) Less than a half mile down loop 212 is a T intersection with Old Highway 20, turn left onto it. About a mile down the road it will intersect Old Kimbro road , turn right, cross the tracts, turn left onto Littig. Travel down Littig about a mile - cross the RR tracts and continue on another mile. On your left at the top of a knoll is the ARC Education building. turn left through the manual gate and park. If you go beyond there is another ARC gate at the bottom of the knoll. It is for members and is electronic. Do not use the members gate. Do not phone ARC management, they can not help. Field Day class time from 12:30 PM to 6:00 PM . Classes at this location include live fire with a selection of hunting guns including 20 ga shotgun and a 357 deer rifle. . . There are additional fees to cover classroom rental, range use, liability coverage, and facilities fees of $20 per student. Add the TP&W course fee and the total is $35 per student.Get directions
Instructor: Thomas Seitz
About the CourseThis course is designed for novice or young hunters, ages 9 years and above. The course covers the core competencies of firearm and hunting safety, hunting ethics and wildlife conservation. All materials are provided. The Hunter Education Classroom Course lasts a maximum of 6 hours of classroom instruction. This time does not include registration, breaks, test administration and certification card distribution. Courses are offered across the state year round and are taught by certified volunteer instructors. The fee for the certification is $15. Some instructors may apply additional charges for the class, such as range or facility fees. Pre-registration is required. Check with the instructor for directions and any special instructions prior to going to class.
Be sure to verify with the instructor that the class you are registering for is the Classroom Course.You may also contact your local Texas Parks and Wildlife Department office or call TPWD Austin headquarters at 1-800-792-1112, ext. 4999.
When you arrive at the course:
- Pay the fee to the instructor.
- Attend the entire course.
- Take the written exam and get at least 75% correct to pass.
- Upon successful completion, you may receive a temporary card from the instructor. You may legally hunt with a valid Texas hunting license and your temporary certification card. Your permanent Texas Hunter Education certification card will be available for downloading and printing from your Account Profile.
Note: If your concerned about your child absorbing the material or their test taking, I recommend using the On-line as a pre-study / homework. Then take this class I.E. the " Classroom " version to repeat / reinforce the material and ad learning / comprehension.
I truly want everyone of my students to do well / pass the test and I've had good success.
- History of hunting & foundation of Hunter Education in the U.S.
- Safety in the Outdoors
- Fundamentals of weapons / firearms - A hunter's perspective
- Game / target identification
- Planning your hunt
- LUNCH ( 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM )( Lunch is not provided )
- Ballistics for the Hunter
- Outdoor Trail Skills
- SAFETY, safe hunting,
- LEGAL & NOT LEGAL basics for hunting.
- ETHICS - basic issues in sportmenship for hunting.
- SUMMARY - SHOOT or DON"T SHOOT
- TESTING- Live Fire EXERCISES ( 4:00 - 5:00 or 5:30 PM )
Live Fire ( I'll bring guns, ammo, and targets )
- 22 on paper targets @ short range for all student
- 20 gauge birdshot on water balloons ( Instructor's option )
- 357 magnum rifle on milk jugs ( Instructor's option )
- Shotgun - rifles slug on water bucket ( One last big splash )
( Must be tall enough to shoot above table )Students are not required to shoot, It's their decision. Parents & Gardians are asked to support a shooter decision.
Key points for this class: