Hunter Education Classroom Course - 04/21/2018 - (250097)
15570 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, Buda, TX 78610
Buda, TX 78610
Classrooms are at the back - upstairsGet directions
Instructor: Thomas Seitz
About the CourseThis course is designed for novice or young hunters, ages 9 years and above. The course covers the core competencies of firearm and hunting safety, hunting ethics and wildlife conservation. All materials are provided. The Hunter Education Classroom Course lasts a maximum of 6 hours of classroom instruction. This time does not include registration, breaks, test administration and certification card distribution. Courses are offered across the state year round and are taught by certified volunteer instructors. The fee for the certification is $15. Some instructors may apply additional charges for the class, such as range or facility fees. Pre-registration is required. Check with the instructor for directions and any special instructions prior to going to class.
Be sure to verify with the instructor that the class you are registering for is the Classroom Course.You may also contact your local Texas Parks and Wildlife Department office or call TPWD Austin headquarters at 1-800-792-1112, ext. 4999.
When you arrive at the course:
- Pay the fee to the instructor.
- Attend the entire course.
- Take the written exam and get at least 75% correct to pass.
- Upon successful completion, you may receive a temporary card from the instructor. You may legally hunt with a valid Texas hunting license and your temporary certification card. Your permanent Texas Hunter Education certification card will be available for downloading and printing from your Account Profile.
Note: If your concerned about your child absorbing the material or their test taking, I recommend using the On-line as a pre-study / homework. Then take this class I.E. the " Classroom " version to repeat / reinforce the material and ad learning / comprehension.
I truly want everyone of my students to do well / pass the test and I've had good success.
- History of hunting & foundation of Hunter Education in the U.S.
- Safety in the Outdoors
- Fundamentals of weapons / firearms - A hunter's perspective
- Game / target identification
- Planning your hunt
- LUNCH ( 12 noon - 1:00 PM )( Lunch is not provided )
The CORE of the Hunter Safety / Education Course
- SAFETY, safe hunting,
- LEGAL & NOT LEGAL basics for hunting.
- ETHICS - basic issues in sportmenship for hunting.
- SUMMARY - SHOOT or DON"T SHOOT
Key points for this class: