Hunter Education Classroom Course - 04/14/2018 - (253033)
550 County Rd 508
Brazoria, TX 77422
Instructor: Garrett Lewis
About the CourseThis course is designed for novice or young hunters, ages 9 years and above. The course covers the core competencies of firearm and hunting safety, hunting ethics and wildlife conservation. All materials are provided. The Hunter Education Classroom Course lasts a maximum of 6 hours of classroom instruction. This time does not include registration, breaks, test administration and certification card distribution. Courses are offered across the state year round and are taught by certified volunteer instructors. The fee for the certification is $15. Some instructors may apply additional charges for the class, such as range or facility fees. Pre-registration is required. Check with the instructor for directions and any special instructions prior to going to class.
Be sure to verify with the instructor that the class you are registering for is the Classroom Course.You may also contact your local Texas Parks and Wildlife Department office or call TPWD Austin headquarters at 1-800-792-1112, ext. 4999.
When you arrive at the course:
- Pay the fee to the instructor.
- Attend the entire course.
- Take the written exam and get at least 75% correct to pass.
- Upon successful completion, you may receive a temporary card from the instructor. You may legally hunt with a valid Texas hunting license and your temporary certification card. Your permanent Texas Hunter Education certification card will be available for downloading and printing from your Account Profile.
The Greenwood Gun Club will host the classroom version of the Texas Hunters Education course. This class is for people that need hunters’ education, that were born after Sept 2, 1971 and are over the age of 9. Everyone born after September 2, 1971, must successfully complete a hunter education course to hunt in Texas.
This class will be held at the Archery building of the Greenwood Gun Club, 550 County Road 508, Brazoria, TX.
- Sign in: 8:30 am
- Instruction: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Testing and Certification: 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
The class is limited to 14 students, and you must register using the link below.
Please bring a sack lunch and/or snacks. Water will be provided.
The course fee is $15.
Please contact Garrett Lewis at Garrettlewis@sbcglobal.net if you have any questions.