Hunter Education Classroom Course - 01/26/2020 - (633410)
5750 Magnolia Parkway
Pearland, TX 77584
Instructor: John Rao
About the CourseThis course is designed for novice or young hunters, ages 9 years and above. The course covers the core competencies of firearm and hunting safety, hunting ethics and wildlife conservation. All materials are provided. The Hunter Education Classroom Course lasts a maximum of 6 hours of classroom instruction. This time does not include registration, breaks, test administration and certification card distribution. Courses are offered across the state year round and are taught by certified volunteer instructors. The fee for the certification is $15. Some instructors may apply additional charges for the class, such as range or facility fees. Pre-registration is required. Check with the instructor for directions and any special instructions prior to going to class.
Be sure to verify with the instructor that the class you are registering for is the Classroom Course.You may also contact your local Texas Parks and Wildlife Department office or call TPWD Austin headquarters at 1-800-792-1112, ext. 4999.
When you arrive at the course:
- Pay the fee to the instructor.
- Attend the entire course.
- Take the written exam and get at least 75% correct to pass.
- Upon successful completion, you may receive a temporary card from the instructor. You may legally hunt with a valid Texas hunting license and your temporary certification card. Your permanent Texas Hunter Education certification card will be available for downloading and printing from your Account Profile.
The instructions for paying the $15.00 PEARLAND FEE in advance are as follows:
- Go to pearlandparks.com
- Under the “I want to…” tab neat the top of the page, select “Sign up for a Parks & Recreation Class.” This will take you to the program registration site.
- In the search bar, type in “9252” or “Facility Fee for Hunters Education” and it will take you directly to the activity.
- Add this activity to your card and proceed to checkout. Follow all instructions as prompted.
As another option, you can add the following note, notifying participants that they can call the nature center to pay over the phone if they wish.
1. “If you are unable to pre-pay online, you may call the Delores Fenwick Nature Center at 281-652-1960 between 9am – 6pm, Tuesday-Saturday, to pay over the phone. You will be required to give the name of the participant you are paying for.”
There is still a $15.00 Hunter Education state fee in CASH payable upon arrival to INSTRUCTOR.** This facility only seats 60 people. Those individuals taking Hunter Education for certification will have a seat in the class. Many times parents who are not taking the class would like to sit in with their kids - which we encourage - but this facility does not have extra seating to allow for that (over the max of 60). We have run into situations where there are not enough seats for observers ** Feel free to to bring a sack lunch/drinks. We will not leave the area for a lunch break.