Hunter Education Classroom Course - 10/05/2020 - (847874)
616 Cal Young Rd.
Hallsville, TX 75650
Agriculture Science DepartmentGet directions
Instructor: Haley Simmons
About the CourseThis course is designed for novice or young hunters, ages 9 years and above. The course covers the core competencies of firearm and hunting safety, hunting ethics and wildlife conservation. All materials are provided. The Hunter Education Classroom Course lasts a maximum of 6 hours of classroom instruction. This time does not include registration, breaks, test administration and certification card distribution. Courses are offered across the state year round and are taught by certified volunteer instructors. The fee for the certification is $15. Some instructors may apply additional charges for the class, such as range or facility fees. Pre-registration is required. Check with the instructor for directions and any special instructions prior to going to class.
Be sure to verify with the instructor that the class you are registering for is the Classroom Course.You may also contact your local Texas Parks and Wildlife Department office or call TPWD Austin headquarters at 1-800-792-1112, ext. 4999.
When you arrive at the course:
- Pay the fee to the instructor.
- Attend the entire course.
- Take the written exam and get at least 75% correct to pass.
- Upon successful completion, you may receive a temporary card from the instructor. You may legally hunt with a valid Texas hunting license and your temporary certification card. Your permanent Texas Hunter Education certification card will be available for downloading and printing from your Account Profile.
- Cost is $15
- Must have exact change if paying with cash. Checks can be made payable to Hallsville FFA.
- Materials will be provided.
- Attendants must wear face masks or coverings and not be showing signs of COVD-19 symptoms to attend.
For questions or concerns please send email or leave a voicemail.
Agriculture Science Teacher
work phone: (903)668-5980 ext 4194