Hunter Education Hunting 101 *OPTIONAL* - 10/28/2017 - (223973)
3301 E. 10th
Amarillo, TX 79104
It is on the southwest corner of the fairgroundsGet directions
Instructor: Jeffrey Srygley
About the CourseHunting & Shooting Sports 101 courses including, but are not limited to, Deer, Turkey, Hog, Waterfowl, Dove, Upland Game, Small Game, Western Big Game, Bow Hunting, Black Powder, Crossbows, Basic Firearm, Sporting Clays, Big Bore Rifle, Handgun, Silhouettes, 3-Gun, Trapper Education and Outdoor Survival. These 3-to-8 hour, hands-on seminars and workshops are designed for family members of all ages to learn more about the animals hunted, tools used in hunting and the shooting sports, and where to go in Texas to enjoy these activities. NOTE: Advanced courses do NOT issue the required hunter education certification. However, some advanced courses, such as bow hunter education, may issue separate certifications.
Be sure to verify that the class you are registering for is the Hunting 101 Optional Course.You may also contact your local Texas Parks and Wildlife Department office or call TPWD Austin headquarters at 1-800-792-1112, ext. 4999.
When you arrive at the course:
- Pay the fee to the instructor. Some instructors may charge additional fees.
- Attend the entire course.
- Take the written exam and get at least 75% correct to pass.
- Upon successful completion, you may receive a temporary card, if the advanced course issues a certificate. You may legally hunt with a valid Texas hunting license and your temporary certification card. Your permanent Texas Hunter Education certification card will be available for downloading and printing online in your Account Profile on this site.
Deer Cleaning and CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) Class
Deer Cleaning Portion - Hey Everybody. One of our local biologist will be conducting this class. We are going to have a deer cleaning (and similar size animals) class. We plan on having videos to show you AND have actual animals to show you how to clean them. That way, you can know exactly what to do out in the field. You will be able to actually see/touch/feel exactly what you need to do when you are out in the field. .
CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) Portion - One of our local biologist will be conducting this class. We will probably have some of our local Game Wardens on hand to answer questions also. We will be covering everything that we can about CWD. We are in the containment zone. We will discuss:
- What is CWD
- What are the laws pertaining to CWD
- What are the areas where there is CWD
- In Texas
- In the Panhandle
- In the United States
- In North America
- In the World
- What do I need to do if I hunt in a CWD area
- of Texas
- another state
- What do I need to worry about?
- Question & Answer plus more