Hunter Education Internet + Field Course - 02/17/2018 - (246150)
16200 Littig Rd Manor, Texas
Manor, TX 78653
Classroom Class time is 900 AM till 4:30 - 600 PM NOT 9:00 to to 12:00 am Classes at the Austin Rifle Club have additional fees to cover range use, liability coverage, and facilities fees of $20 per student. Add the TP&W course fee and the total is $35 per student. Directions: These classes are taught at the Austin Rifle Club Education Building ARC is located outside Manor, Texas. Traveling east on 290 there is an intersection just pass the Walmart. Turn right only loop 212 ( FM 973 ) Less than a half mile down loop 212 is a T intersection with Old Highway 20, turn left onto it. About a mile down the road it will intersect Old Kimbro road , turn right, cross the tracts, turn left onto Littig. Travel down Littig about a mile - cross the RR tracts and continue on another mile. On your left at the top of a knoll is the ARC Education building. turn left through the manual gate and park. If you go beyond there is another ARC gate at the bottom of the knoll. It is for members and is electronic. Do not use the members gate. Do not phone ARC management, they can not help. Field Day class time from 12:30 PM to 6:00 PM . Classes at this location include live fire with a selection of hunting guns including 20 ga shotgun and a 357 deer rifle. . . There are additional fees to cover classroom rental, range use, liability coverage, and facilities fees of $20 per student. Add the TP&W course fee and the total is $35 per student.Get directions
Instructor: Thomas Seitz
About the CourseThe Internet + Field Course is ideal for those under 17 years of age and adults wanting a more hands-on field and live-fire experience during the basic course. We recommend younger students be accompanied by an adult during the field course. The certification process consists of two parts:
- Online Course: Complete the FREE TPWD on NRA online course option.
- Field Course: Attend a course with a TPWD certified instructor. The fee for the Field Course is $15.00. Some instructors may charge additional fees associated with a shooting range or other facility.
ONLINE COURSE: Free Online courses include TPWD and NRA. For TPWD, please print out the results of the FINAL QUIZ. For NRA, please print off the Field Course Voucher. Both allow you entry to an approved Field Course. Be sure to register for a known field course near you prior to taking the online course. Note: If you search a browser for an online course, you may get information about PAY-FOR courses which apply only to those 17 years of age or older.
FIELD COURSE: A Field Course is typically completed in about 4 hours (min.) a discussion of ethics, a skills course and live-fire exercises. You must pre-register for this course, preferably before you complete the free online course.
ARRIVAL: When you arrive at the Field Course:
- Pay the $15 fee to the instructor. Some instructors may charge additional fees for a shooting range or other facility.
- Demonstrate good knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Take the written exam and score at least 75% to pass.
More questions? Check our FAQ page.
To cover the charges from ARC the price is $35 ( $15 per TP&W plus $20 for ARC classroom & range fees)
- Ballistics for the Hunter
- Outdoor Trail Skills
- SAFETY, safe hunting,
- LEGAL & NOT LEGAL basics for hunting.
- ETHICS - basic issues in sportmenship for hunting.
- SUMMARY - SHOOT or DON"T SHOOT
- TESTING- Live Fire EXERCISES ( 4:00 - 5:00 or 5:30 PM )
- ------------------------------ -------
Live Fire ( I'll bring guns, ammo, and targets )
- 22 on paper targets @ short range for all student
- 20 gauge birdshot on water balloons ( Instructor's option )
- 357 magnum rifle on milk jugs ( Instructor's option )
- Shotgun - rifled slug on water bucket ( One last big splash )
( Must be tall enough to shoot above table )Students are not required to shoot, It's their decision. Parents & Gardians are asked to support a shooter decision.
Key points for this class:
B) Please bring a set of ear and eye protection for Live Fire
C) Dress appropriately for the outside weather: hats, coats, and / or sunscreen.