Hunter Education Internet + Field Course - 06/16/2018 - (246821)
This course is no longer available for registration.
Back to results
09:00 am - 01:00 pm
WNS Sport Shooting Range
16 Nottingham Lane
Boerne, TX 78006
DO NOT BRING PERSONAL FIREARMS ONTO THE RANGE, they will be provided for this class.Get directionsInstructor: John Thompson E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Course
The Internet + Field Course is ideal for those under 17 years of age and adults wanting a more hands-on field and live-fire experience during the basic course. We recommend younger students be accompanied by an adult during the field course. The certification process consists of two parts:
- Online Course: Complete the FREE TPWD on NRA online course option.
- Field Course: Attend a course with a TPWD certified instructor. The fee for the Field Course is $15.00. Some instructors may charge additional fees associated with a shooting range or other facility.
ONLINE COURSE: Free Online courses include TPWD and NRA. For TPWD, please print out the results of the FINAL QUIZ. For NRA, please print off the Field Course Voucher. Both allow you entry to an approved Field Course. Be sure to register for a known field course near you prior to taking the online course. Note: If you search a browser for an online course, you may get information about PAY-FOR courses which apply only to those 17 years of age or older.
FIELD COURSE: A Field Course is typically completed in about 4 hours (min.) a discussion of ethics, a skills course and live-fire exercises. You must pre-register for this course, preferably before you complete the free online course.
ARRIVAL: When you arrive at the Field Course:
- Pay the $15 fee to the instructor. Some instructors may charge additional fees for a shooting range or other facility.
- Demonstrate good knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Take the written exam and score at least 75% to pass.
More questions? Check our FAQ page.
CASH ONLY - Total cost is $25.00 - $15.00 for the class and $10.00 for the range fee.
This will be collected prior to the start of class. Bring the exact amount
, this is a ranch not a bank!
Hunter Education Class at WNS Ranch
16 Nottingham Lane, Boerne, TX 78006
Instructor: Jack Thompson
9:00 am until finished – flexible but usually around 1:00 pm
DO NOT BRING FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION INTO WNS Ranch
Parents you are welcome to stay with your student. If you decide to leave please ensure the student has a way to contact you. Once the student starts the written test, we are usually done in 30-45 minutes. If you leave be aware of the time it takes to return. If you stay bring a camp chair.
Bring your own lunch and drinks if you desire.
Items you must bring with you:
DO NOT BRING PERSONAL FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION TO THE RANCH!
- Great attitude
- Hearing Protection
- Eye protection
- Camp chair
- #2 pencil
Rifles, ammo, target stands and targets are provided.
DIRECTIONS FROM SAN ANTONIO:
From San Antonio go west on IH-10. Take the Ranger Creek Road Exit #438 and turn left under the highway. Turn right at the stop sign. Go approximately 2 miles and turn left on to Upper Cibolo Creek road toward Boerne City Lake. Go about two miles and find Nottingham Lane, turn right. In less than ¼ mile you will find two ranch gates (#15 & #16). Wait without blocking the road at #16. Someone will be there about 8:45 to let the students in. Once through the ranch gate follow the caliche road to the first right. Park in the open area to the left of the old red shed and follow the road down to the rifle range. We will gather near the shooting platform.
Each student must use a unique email address, username and password in order to properly register for Hunter Education. You will need it to print out your Hunter Education completion certificate.
Texas is now using an Online Registration System (ORS). You can reach the registration page from any Internet capable device. Please use the link provided below to build a unique profile for each student
and sign up for the class of your choice. You have three options for taking the training.
- Classroom Course- 6 hours of basic instruction. Some courses may be extended in length to cover added topics. (Bring pencil & pen, lunch and drinks)
- Online + Field Course- Completion of an approved online course plus a 4-hour-minimum "field day" including live-fire and other skill-based activities. Register for a field course near you before completing your online course. (Bring pencil & pen, camp chair, hearing and eye protection and your lunch & drinks)
- Online-Only Course (ages 17 and older) - Completion of an approved online course, designed for Texas residents. You must be 17 years of age or older to register.
Be sure to remember them as you will return to this web page to print their Hunter Education Certification at a later date after the class.
The system will automatically provide you with a reminder email about 24 hours before the class and another one after the class is over and I complet entering attendence and test scores you may go back into the website to print your permanent Hunter Education Certification cards.
If you do run into technical difficulties please call 1 (800) 792-1112 and follow the prompts to Hunter Education.